Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summertime Goodness




I decided to do a mosaic on the patio outside our mudroom door. After a week into this project....I'm wondering what I got myself into!

I've never done such a large mosaic. And it's been forever since I've played around with the mosaic/tile process.  I totally underestimated how much work this project would be....but I think it will be pretty cool once all finished. If you can't tell (kind of wish I would of done smaller gaps so the image was more clear) the center is a mountain with a blue sky, tree's, and a river. Bordering is a eight pointed star compass pointing in the directions of North, South, East, and West (thanks to the handy dandy Iphone compass to make sure I was correct on that!). A few more river rocks, grout, then and I will be finished. Fshewww! 

It's been warm around here (finally!) and the blackberries are ripe and abundant. When you drive down our street you can smell the warm berries in the air. My daughter and I walked down to the creek and gathered enough berries to make a pie. This is one of my favorite summer pastimes!

Nothing like a pie with fresh berries picked just hours before. Yummm.


As for a print shop update. Well, I have some potential BIG NEWS that I'm waiting to hear back on. This could change things quite a bit come November ( I won't be shy about sharing this if it happens!). Also, I'm doing a local artisan show at the beginning of October called Open Studios Beavercreek. It's a fun 3 day show where local artists open their studios for the public to tour, and buy art! I will be set up at a friend's studio with my hand printed goods from One Lane Road. This will be my first show selling my prints. Should be fun!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend. I sure did! Bbq with good friends, swimming in the creek, boat ride out on the Willamette River, and finished with my sister's bridal shower.
Good times.

~ Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment